6.15.2008

Intro...

So, this is my poker blog. Pretty neat, huh? Well, actually, its not just a poker blog as I plan on blogging about other stuff as well. For the most part though, its a poker blog. Anyway, in this blog, I will be keeping track of my online poker progress. I really want to focus on my game and try to improve it as much as possible. I feel like my game has been slacking and its possible that I am a very weak player. I've never thought of myself as being a good player or even decent player, but I don't like where I currently am at with my game. I don't expect myself to become the best player, but I would at least like to become a winning one. While I'll probably only be able to put in a few hours a day at a time, I want to make the best of those hours. I need to start watching/railing/playing in the CardsChat buy-in and freeroll events more often and really study what the consistent winning players are doing. They're obviously doing something right, so who better to learn from than them?

I'll be starting with a $50 bankroll on PokerStars, its not a big starting BR but PokerStars has a lot of micro-limit games that are perfect to get me going. I want to focus more on improving my SNG, MTSNG, and MTT results since those are the games I enjoy playing the most. I also would like to start playing the NLHE cash games more. I've never really focused on online cash games before, so this will be something completely new for me.

To ensure that I maintain my bankroll, I will be following a simple bankroll management plan of only having at least 50 buy-ins for MTTs, 30 buy-ins for SNGs, and 20 buy-ins for cash games with a minimum of 100 BBs. So, nothing complicated at all, but I am going to be very strict about following it.

I guess thats it. I don't have any set goals I'm looking to achieve; I just want to improve my overall poker game, plug my leaks, and become a better/winning player. While I am serious about improving and I do take the game seriously, this is nothing more than just a hobby to me. I don't expect myself to be making a living playing poker, though if by some miracle that happens, that might be interesting. For now, I'll just work on beating the micro-stakes. Im willing to work hard to improve and be a better player, but I'm also looking forward to having fun with this. And who knows what will happen...?





1 comment:

dakota-xx said...

You are off to a good start! Have fun with this.