6.18.2008

Final Table and A bad back...

Well, holy shat, I'm off to an excellent start. Not only did I place pretty far in my previous .10 MTSNG, but soon after I make a final table in a .10 MTSNG! Its been so long since I made a FT and making it this far not only gave me a HUGE boost of confidence, but I am completely ecstatic. I havent felt this good about playing poker in a while.

I managed to make .80 for my 8th place finish. It may seem like Im playing such small stakes compared to my BR, but these micro buy-in tables have been excellent for gaging where my poker game is at on a personal level. I'll continue to play this games to try find leaks in my game that I'll need to work on and eventually plug, but will eventually make a transition into bigger buy-in MTSNGs and MTTs. Also, 1st place payout isn't that bad for a .10 buy-in.

From PokerStars:
PokerStars Tournament #92544366, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $0.10
360 players
Total Prize Pool: $36.00
Tournament started - 2008/06/18 - 16:14:34 (ET)

Dear TRM_SHRiMP,
You finished the tournament in 8th place.
A $0.90 award has been credited to your Real Money account.
----

So, today I went to a chiropractor to have my back checked out. I've had lower back pains and problems for a few years. Its more of a back discomfort than anything, but physical activity causes my back to get inflamed. Anyway, it appears that I a very tense back due to the years of my discomforts and back pains. Its one of the tightest backs that he's ever seen in all years of being a chiropractor. So, Im going to have to go in about 3x a week to get my back loosened up and realigned. So, thats going to be fun and Ill keep everyone up to date on my back status.

1 comment:

Stick said...

Be careful at the Chiro, Phil. I also had back problems much like you described (tightness; inflamed with activity, etc.). I went to a chiropractor and got adjusted regularly for about 6 months. It seemed like it was doing a world of good until I felt a pain after an adjustment that wouldn't go away. I had an MRI done and it showed that I had a slightly bulging disc. I'm not sure if the chiro permanently worsened my condition or not.

But I quit going and a few months after that, I hurt my back really bad doing something that I'd always been able to do. Simple lifting. Then I had to go to physical therapy for 3 months to get better.

You can try a few adjustments at the chiro, but not too many. If your problems persist, just realize that it's the best a chiro can do. Then it would be time to see an MD and get referred to physical therapy. I actually wish I had seen a therapist before I hurt my back the last time. The treatment he gave me helped heal my back quicker and then helped strengthen my back. My back will get even better if I lose some weight, so that is a goal of mine, too.

To sum up: Try the chiro for a little while, but don't over do it. If the pain still persists after a few treatments, STOP and get into back therapy.

Cheers and good luck.